Chambliss Children's Shelter Outreach Site) - Chattanooga Low Cost Clinic
- 315 Gillespie Road
- Chattanooga TN, 37411
- Contact Name: Philip A. Acord
- Contact Phone: 423-209-8000
- Clinic Details: The Chambliss Shelter was begun in 1946, when Judge Alexander W. Chambliss saw abused and neglected children coming through his court with no safe place to go. Judge Chambliss personally gave $30,000 to build the Alexander W. Chambliss Home. It was put under the auspices of the Humane Society, and was between the dog pound and the juvenile delinquents on Highland Park Drive. In 1982, Hamilton County wished to divest themselves of this direct service agency, and approached the Children's Home about taking this program on campus. In January 1983, the Chambliss Home was moved, in its entirety, to 315 Gillespie Road, in a building that housed the infirmary for the orphanage, but had been remodeled to accommodate these abused and neglected children.
- Website: http://www.ch-cs.org/
- Services: Mental Health/Substance Abuse Services, Primary Medical Care
- Remarks: Year round
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.