Santa Cruz Health Center - Santa Cruz Low Cost Clinic
- 1080 Emeline Ave
- Santa Cruz CA, 95060
- Contact Phone: (831) 454-4100
- Clinic Details: The Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency exists to protect the public health of Santa Cruz County and to help assure residents access to medical care and treatment. The ultimate goal of the Health Services Agency is healthy people living in healthy communities. HSA is responsible for promoting community health in the public and private sectors.
- Website: http://www.santacruzhealth.org/
- Services: Primary Care and Urgent Care; Family Planning Services; Breast Cancer Early Detection Program (BCEDP); CHDP Exams; Immunization Services; Orthopedic Services; Physical Examinations; Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Treatment Services
- Women's Health Services: Annual PAP Exams; Family Planning Counseling and Information; Sterilization Referral; Clinical Breast Examination and Referral for Mammogram for Women 40 years of age and older; Confidential Examination and Treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Remarks: Urban Area, Permanent Clinic, Year-Round, Full-Time (open 40 hours per week)
- Payment Method: Sliding Fee Scale, Medi-Cal, Medicare, Medi-Cruz
- Operation Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-5:00pm
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional ClinicComment from Heidi:
A witchunt mentality has taken hold even more in the past two years due to legitimate pain sufferers being tormented and treated inhumanly by the medical community. It is so sad to think of the destroyed lives and destroyed bodies when people are pushed off of a safe medication (morphine is very safe when used properly) and given a chemical cocktail of "non-narcotic" drugs to make things easier for self serving doctors. Liver, kidney and stomach damage are a few of the side effects from nsaids, anti-inflammatories and steroids. Doctors who are dishonest will push these as a better choice to avoid compliance with the Hippocratic oath that all physicians take. They are hurting the people they are supposed to help. I live in Santa Cruz, California and have been a patient at the Emeline clinic for ten years. My doctor left approx. 10 months ago and was replaced by Dr. Robin Brooks. I have used my medication correctly for over 9 years and willingly worked with my doctor to lower the dose when new guidelines were put in place due to people selling or abusing their prescriptions. Dr. Brooks replaced her in March 2014 and i continued to follow her instructions even though i was in severe pain and was becoming ill when she erratically dropped the dose. I became ill 5 weeks ago with a flu and couldn't keep anything down for days. When i seen the doctor and explained this, she dropped my dose by over 1/3 as apparent punishment for my illness. This of course caused more illness as there are physical reactions when the medication is chopped or stopped. Now i am having chest pain and am short of breath, i am nearly incapacitated and in agony. When trying to find a different doctor at the same clinic, i discovered what i already knew. The doctor i met with was only concerned with her professional courtesy to her colleagues and kept encouraging me to stick with Dr. Brooks as she wasn't willing to practice medicine by being concerned with a patients suffering. She gave me 20 new reasons to be very concerned about my poor treatment but kept pushing me to stay with Dr. Brooks regardless. She then just left callously without reading the form i filled out too see her. This clinic serves the poorest people in the county including homeless citizens. Clinic administrators are likely banking on the fact that these people don't have a voice, who will know they have been abused and made to suffer when no one will care enough to listen. I hope i can find a humane doctor soon, i have Medicare and am open to suggestions. My email address is: [email protected] for positive feedback, i have heard everything else.
Comment from lexi:
Dr. Robin Brooks is narrow minded and has her nurse Cindy do her dirty work for her. I am 20 years old with severe medical conditions that cause me chronic pain. Dr. Brooks is not willing to cooperate with me on any combinations of medications unless they are anti anxieties that help over time. My point being Dr. Brooks and her staff have lied to me, mistreated me, betrayed me, and I have never felt so helpless by someone who chose a profession to help people. Unfortunately, this clinic is all I have in this county due to insurance (medical).
Comment from mary:
my primary physician and osteopath @Emeline have both been over the top helpful in determining and addressing my health issues. I do not believe in medication. With physical therapy, exercise and ongoing osteopathic treatment I am good to go! I manage my pain on a hourly/daily basis with exercise, good diet, good sleep, good attitude. my doctors are Dr. Kelley and Dr. Brooks.