Edward M. Kennedy Health Clinic/Edward M. Kennedy Dental Clinic - Monte Vista Community Health Center
- 925 2nd Ave
- Monte Vista CO, 81144
- Contact Phone: (719) 852-2512
- Clinic Details: Edward M. Kennedy Health Clinic opened on October 31, 2011. The clinic was formally known as the Rio Grande Medical Center, which had provided primary health care services since 1993 from a different location. To address a growing population of patients and a need for a new facility, Valley-Wide, together with the city of Monte Vista, embarked on a Health Infrastructure Capital Campaign Grant, for a new, easily accessible, medical office building to support the delivery of quality, comprehensive, patient-centered care. Edward M. Kennedy Health Clinic (EMKHC) is centrally located in downtown Monte Vista, in the southwest region of Rio Grande County, in the San Luis Valley and provides for many county residents as well as for neighboring residents from Del Norte, South Fork, and Mineral and Saguache Counties. Our clinic also offers extended hours for patient convenience. Our friendly and dedicated staff are here to provide the best customer service possible, so you always feel welcome. The current support staff, which include our case managers, care coordinators, and referral coordinators, have been with Valley-Wide Health Systems for many years.The staff are very knowledgeable and can help direct patients to additional health care services not provided by Valley-Wide. They can also help you chose the best medical home and primary care provider to meet your individual needs. Our staff is bi-lingual and can assist with most translation needs. At EMKHC we not only provide primary medical care, but we also offer integrated physical therapy and rehabilitation services and the Women Infant and Children (WIC) program. The Edward M. Kennedy Dental Clinic is co-located on the south side of the building. Anti-coagulation Management services are available by our very own Valley-Wide Pharmacists on Wednesday mornings. We also offer FREE HIV screening services and a full spectrum of STD testing and treatment in a safe and confidential setting. On Mondays and Thursdays EMKHC provides on-site routine blood draws, by appointment, through our affiliation with LabCorp (Laboratory Corporation of America). Valley-Wide has partnered with San Luis Valley Behavioral Health Group to provide on-site behavioral health services, which are offered Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Website: https://vwhs.org/
- Services: Medical Services; Dental Services; Behavioral Health Care Services
- Dental Services: Routine Exams; X-Rays; Dental Screening; Composite and Amalgam Fillings; Routine Cleanings; Fluoride Application; Restorations; Space Maintenance; Preventive Care; Headstart Screenings; Extractions; Surgical Extractions; Alveoloplasty
- Remarks: Rural Area, Permanent Clinic, Year-Round, Full-Time (open 62 hours per week)
- Payment Method: Sliding Fee Scale; Medicaid (Including Colorado Access); Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+); PPS & Medicare
- Operation Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8:00am-7:00pm; Fri-Sat: 8:00am-5:00pm
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.