Free clinics and community health centers in Summit county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Summit county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Summit Medical and Dental Clinics:
Akron Community Health Resources
- Location: Akron, OH - 44306-3750
- Contact Phone: 330-724-5471
- Remarks: Community Health ?>
Akron Community Health Resources, Inc.
- Location: Akron, OH - 44306
- Contact Phone: 13307245471
- Details: ACHR is a federally qualified health center located on South Arlington Street in Akron, Ohio. Â ACHR received funding in 1994 from the Bureau of Primary Health Care to establish the first federally qualified health center in Summit County and began providing services in August 1995. Â ACHR provides diagnosis, treatment, and preventive health services to the residents of Summit County and accepts Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, and sliding scale patients. Â The agency sees a substantial number of uninsured patients and assures open access to the medically needy throughout Summit County and neighboring communities.
Faithful Servants Care Center
- Location: Tallmadge, OH - 44278
- Contact Phone: 330-633-3680
- Details: Faithful Servants Care Center provides free urgent health care services with a Christ-like compassion for those without insurance and the economic means to access traditional medical care. Individuals must have no insurance and have income at or below 200% of poverty level. We serve all age groups with minor, urgent and acute illnesses and injuries.
- Remarks: Hours: Sunday 5:30 pm–9:30 pm, Monday 5:30 pm–9:30 pm, Tuesday 5:30 pm–9:30 pm, Wednesday 5:30 pm–9:30 pm, Thursday 5:30 pm–9:30 pm, Friday 5:30 pm–9:30 pm, Saturday Open as staff allows (call); Walk-ins only. ?>
Open M Free Medical Clinic
- Location: Akron, OH - 44311
- Contact Phone: 330-434-0110
- Details: OPEN M is an acronym that stands for Opportunity for People Everywhere in Need Ministry. We are a comprehensive, faith-based ministry that helps people throughout the greater Akron area meet the spiritual and physical challenges of living with scarce resources. OPEN M operates the only free medical, dental and eye clinic in the city of Akron and serves all of Summit County. Physicians, dentists, optometrists, nurses,pharmacists and other health care professionals serve patients by providing primary treatment, patient education and pastoral care to the uninsured without charge. Our patients also receive medication free of charge at the full-service pharmacy at OPEN M. Since our clinic is run strictly by volunteers we are unable to offer “walk-in” appointments. Interested individuals must call the clinic during open enrollment, which takes place on a monthly basis. The first Monday of every month interested clients should call OPEN M starting at 9:30 a.m. and follow the prompts.
- Remarks: Inside the OPEN M Neighborhood Center ?>
Planned Parenthood - Akron Health Center
- Location: Akron, OH - 44302
- Contact Phone: 330.535.2671
Pregnancy tests, emergency contraception and birth control supply refills are available on a walk-in basis during all business hours.If you need emergency contraception (morning after pill), you can walk in any time the health center is open.
- Remarks: Same day appointments are available Monday through Friday. Call starting at 9 am to make an appointment for that day!Our office is open most Saturdays. ?>