Lighthouse Free Medical Clinic - Buffalo Other Primary Care Provider
- 1315 Jefferson Avenue
- Buffalo NY, 14208
- Contact Phone: 716-222-0805
- Clinic Details: As an organization composed of students at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, community health workers, and physicians, the Lighthouse Free Medical Clinic is dedicated to providing free healthcare to the uninsured and underserved patients of Buffalo, New York. As the only medical student body in the area, we undertake this work in order to provide a service to the community in which we are educated. In addition, we hope to encourage a long-term, professional interest in community health in medical students and other health professions students who gain experience at our clinic. We aim to remediate some of the barriers to healthy living and access to preventive medical care in underserved communities. In the pursuit of this goal, we provide resources to help connect uninsured patients with the means to access continuous medical care, and provide education about healthy lifestyle choices and disease prevention in order to encourage health literacy. We hope to provide these services in a partnership with the members of the community in which we work by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships, so that we can best serve the unique needs of our specific patient population.
- Website: http://www.lighthousefreeclinic.com/
- Services: Pregnancy testing, Urinary tract infection testing, STD testing, PPD/Mantoux Test (TB testing), Blood pressure reading, Physical for school or work, Sick visits, Dermatology services (first and third Wednesday of the month only), Nutrition counseling
- Remarks: Hours: Wednesday 6-8PM (Note: Patient Check-In Begins at 5 PM)
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.