Our Health/Nuestro Centro de Salud - Uvalde Community Health Center
- 200 South Evans Street
- Uvalde TX, 78801
- Contact Phone: (830) 278-7105
- Clinic Details: Community Health Development, Inc.(CHDI), formerly Uvalde County Clinic, Inc., is a community-based health care agency incorporated in 1983 in Uvalde County, Texas as a 501(C)3 status agency. CHDI was founded by residents of Uvalde County concerned over the lack of access to quality and affordable health care for the underserved and working poor families. CHDI began operations in June 1984 as a Migrant Health Center (Section 329) with funding from the Bureau of Primary Health Care, Health Resources and Services Administration, and Department of Health and Human Services. At that time, both the City and County of Uvalde also provided funding for primary care services. In 1986, CHDI received expanded funding from the Bureau of Primary Health Care, under Section 329 and 330, as a Community/Migrant Health Center. With the expanded federal funding, local funding support for services was provided solely by the County. CHDI is designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and is deemed as a federal public health service employee under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). Through FTCA, eligible Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) supported health centers are granted medical malpractice liability protection, with the Federal government acting as their primary insurer. A deemed health center, its employees, and eligible contractors working within the approved scope of project are considered federal employees and are immune from lawsuits for medical malpractice.
- Website: https://www.chdi4health.org/
- Services: Medical Care; Mental and Behavioral Health; Women’s Health; Immunization; Laboratory & X-ray; Family Planning; Pharmacy
- Women's Health Services: Gynecological Services; Wellness; Weight Management; Diabetes; Digestive Diseases; Women & Heart Disease; Osteoporosis; Sleep Disorders
- Remarks: Rural Area, Permanent Clinic, Year-Round, Full-Time (open 57 hours per week)
- Payment Method: Sliding Fee Scale, Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial Insurance, etc.
- Operation Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:00am-5:30pm; Wed: 8:00am-6:00pm; Sat: 8:00am-5:00pm
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.