St. Thomas East End Medical Center - Saint Thomas Community Health Center
- 4605 Tutu Park Mall
- Saint Thomas VI, 00802
- Contact Phone: (340) 775-3700
- Clinic Details: The St. Thomas East End Medical Center Corporation, established in 2000, is the only private, non-profit federally qualified health Center that serves all persons in the St. Thomas/St. John community, and is a National Health Service Corps site. No one will be denied access to service due to inability to pay, and there is a discounted/sliding scale fee schedule available. The St. Thomas East End Medical Center Corporation (STEEMCC) is a private non-profit corporation, organized under Title 13, Chapter 3 of the Virgin Islands Code, and one of two (2) federally qualified health centers in the US Virgin Islands. It was previously known as the East End Health Center which was established as a government operated health center in 1978 under the auspices of the USVI Department of Health. On August 30, 2000, an Affiliate Agreement was entered between the Government of the Virgin Islands Department of Health and the STEEMCC for the operations of the East End Family Health Center, primarily for those operations funded through federal U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC), pursuant to Section 330 of the Public Health Services Act as amended by the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996. Subsequently, the STEEMCC and the Virgin Islands Department of Health entered several Memoranda of Understanding for medical and clinical services that furthered the strategic aim of operational transition of the total operations of the East End Family Health Center to the STEEMCC. On April 7, 2004, pursuant to Act No. 6645, Bill No.25-0069, the operational aspect of the East End Family Health Center was transferred to the STEEMCC. This included the transfer of existing employees as well as the physical and financial assets of the East End Family Health Center. Sections 3 through 6 of Act No. 25-6645 provided a mechanism for the severance of the East End Family Health Center employees from their employment with the Government of the Virgin Islands, Department of Health, while ensuring benefits that were vested with the Government such as sick leave, annual leave and retirement benefits were not detrimentally impacted by the transfer. While the STEEMCC provides comprehensive preventative primary healthcare services to all persons of all zip codes seeking access to preventative primary healthcare, dental services and related, a target population of the center is the low income, medically unserved and underserved; of which a major percentage (estimated 41%) are living below the poverty line. Demographic statistics also show that the center is marked by a substantial representation of young women and children; the characteristic patient mix includes immigrants from other Caribbean islands and elsewhere who are often estranged by linguistic and cultural barriers. The target population area is the East End, Tutu, Southside and St. John Sub-districts. STEEMCC' s services are designed to support individuals and their families from birth through the senior years. Patient visits have increased significantly over the past five years from 4,247 in 2009 to 17,866 in 2013; and approximately 20,000 in 2014. Currently, the organization provides support and comprehensive primary health care services annually to more than 5300 children and adults. STEEMCC is one of the Territory's largest providers of comprehensive primary health care services; the focus is on wellness, prevention, and effective management of chronic disease/conditions. The STEEMCC also collaborates with other health care and social service resources, offering information and referrals to specialty services and procedures, when appropriate/necessary. STEEMCC is widely recognized for its advocacy work in the Territory to bring public awareness to the focus on prevention and healthy life style changes, in order to improve public policy and keep primary care issues and health care disparities in the hearts and minds of decision-makers. This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
- Website: https://www.steemcc.org/
- Services: Family Medicine; Immunizations; Pediatrics; OB/GYN; General Dentistry; Behavioral Health; STD/HIV/TB Treatment; Internal Medicine; Physicals; Screenings; Geriatrics; Prescriptions; Nutrition; Allergy/Asthma; Women's Health; Men's Health
- Remarks: Rural Area, Permanent Clinic, Year-Round, Full-Time (open 50 hours per week)
- Payment Method: Sliding Fee Scale, Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial Insurance, etc.
- Operation Hours: Mon-Fri: 7:00am-5:00pm
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.