Volunteers In Medicine Clinic Of The Cascades - Bend Low Cost Clinic
- 2300 NE Neff Road
- Bend OR, 97701
- Contact Phone: (541) 330-9001
- Clinic Details: Volunteers in Medicine (VIM) provides healthcare to low-income, working adults who live in Central Oregon and have no medical insurance or means to pay for care. We use a community approach, where 200+ in-clinic volunteers and over 300 local medical partners collaborate to provide patients with necessary primary and specialty medical care, prescription medications, and mental health care. Our patients are contributing members of our community and have included construction tradespeople, hospitality workers, fast-food employees, ski instructors, artists, small business owners, river guides, landscapers, ranchers, bicycle mechanics, self-employed entrepreneurs, home health care workers, daycare providers, hairdressers, retail clerks, craftspeople, part-time employees, and students, just to name a few. VIM's patients are ages 19 and older. The majority have one or more chronic condition such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, or a mental health diagnoses. All of these conditions are manageable with medical oversight and access to care. This is where we come in. At VIM, patient costs of about $100 per visit are funded by patient donations along with local and regional individual, corporate and foundation supporters. Because of the dedicated efforts of our volunteers, every $1 raised is leveraged 6.86 times, generating over $100 million in care since we opened in 2004. There are many ways to become involved with VIM – as a patient, volunteer, community medical partner, or donor. Our work is far-reaching, positively affecting employees, employers, families, and other local support services. If you’re looking to feel appreciated, VIM is the place to be! “Thank you” is the phrase we hear most often. It is also the phrase we say most frequently, knowing that so many people give from their hearts to make our community a better place for all. We invite you to join us.
- Website: https://www.vim-cascades.org/
- Services: Chronic disease care; Acute condition care; Preventative care; Specialty care; Eye exams and glasses; Labs and other diagnostic testing; Prescription medications; Minor surgical procedures; General woman's healthcare; Diabetes Wellness Class, etc.
- Remarks: Urban Area, Permanent Clinic, Year-Round, Part-Time (open 16 hours per week)
- Operation Hours: Mon: 1:00pm-5:00pm; Tues: 4:00pm-8:00pm, Thurs, Fri: 8:30am-12:30pm
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.