Free clinics and community health centers in Perry county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Perry county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Perry Medical and Dental Clinics:
Buckhorn Medical Clinic
- Location: Buckhorn, KY - 41721
- Contact Phone: (606) 398-7141
- Details: Buckhorn Medical Clinic is located in a very rural, remote, and beautiful section of Northwestern Perry County We were first licensed as a Rural Health Clinic in May 1974, set up in two mobile homes provided by the Department of H.E.W., and staffed by a solo Nurse Practitioner provided by the National Health Service Corp. Buckhorn Children’s Center donated land to be used for the facility and numerous people gave of their time, talents and finances to make this project become a reality. Only to live in Buckhorn can one appreciate the need for this clinic. Buckhorn is 30 miles from Hazard, 30 miles from Jackson, and 18 miles from Booneville. These are the next closest medical facilities. Before the clinic opened, an emergency required 45 minutes to 1 hour of driving over very treacherous mountain roads to reach the nearest medical facility. Federal funding continued for Buckhorn Clinic, and in 1985 the Department of H.E.W. encouraged a merger of Buckhorn Clinic with MCHC in Whitesburg KY. At that time, Buckhorn became the smallest of five clinics that MCHC managed. The merger brought many positive changes for Buckhorn. A full-time physician was made available for the first time, with additional support staff and a new modular building designed for clinic use and many extra services was provided. Presently, Buckhorn Medical Clinic continues to be the smallest non-profit MCHC clinic. We are staffed by a full-time Family Practice Specialist. Services offered include but are not limited to: Complete Physical Assessments, Chronic and Acute Disease Management, EKG’s, Laboratory, Family Planning, Well-Child Care, Indigent Patient Medication Program, and referrals to specialists. In addition, a Wellness Center, which has state of the art fitness equipment, is open to the public, free of charge to MCHC patients. Buckhorn Medical Clinic has a sliding scale fee payment plan based on current Federal Poverty Guidelines. This ensures quality and affordable health care to everyone in our service area. No one is denied healthcare due to inability to pay. All new patients are welcome.
Leatherwood/blackey Medical Clinic
- Location: Cornettsville, KY - 41731
- Contact Phone: (606) 476-2593
- Details: The MCHC Leatherwood/Blackey Clinic was started because there was great need for health care in rural Perry County. The nearest hospital was about 45 minutes away and people in the area chose to bring emergency care closer to home. In 1975, the Leatherwood/Blackey Clinic’s first offices were temporarily set up in a trailer at Slemp, KY. A growing patient load soon required a larger building. A new building was built in 1976 at Cornettsville, KY. The center sets on a two-acre site which was purchased from Irene and Denver Miniard for the sum of $10,000. The Miniard’s saw that there was a great need for ground to build the new clinic on. Even though it was a part of the Miniard Farm, they agreed to sell this piece of land so all the people in the area would have better access to health care. The patient load continued to grow requiring the addition of an Emergency room, more treatment rooms, a Radiology Department and Dental offices which were added in 1999. A year later in 2000, a Wellness center was constructed. This addition was made to meet the needs of the patients in helping them to approach health care in another way, by adding exercise to their overall health care outlook. The clinic physicians treat the healthcare needs of around 13,000 patients per year. The patients come from Letcher, Perry, Knott, Harlan and Leslie counties, with the majority of the patients coming from Letcher and Perry counties. The offering of a sliding pay scale makes the location of the clinic even more attractive to patients, especially those that are uninsured. The clinic also leases space to an on-site pharmacy, and East Kentucky Physical Therapy. The enormous need for quality healthcare in the southern part of Perry and Letcher counties was met with the opening of the Leatherwood/Blackey Clinic. Government funding also supported the need for such a facility in the area. The clinic’s outreach continues to grow, and with caring physicians and a dedicated staff, quality healthcare has become a reality, not just a dream. The Leatherwood/Blackey Clinic has a sliding scale fee payment plan based on current Federal Poverty Guidelines. This ensures quality and affordable health care to everyone in our service area. No one is denied healthcare due to inability to pay. All new patients are welcome.
Little Flower Clinic
- Location: Hazard, KY - 41701
- Contact Phone: (606) 487-9505
- Details: At the Kentucky Mountain Health Alliance, Inc. (KMHA) we are committed to providing quality healthcare to the under-served of Southeastern Kentucky. It is the vision of KMHA to ensure access to healthcare and eliminate disparities through the provision of quality holistic care.
Uk North Fork Valley Community Health Center
- Location: Hazard, KY - 41701
- Contact Phone: (606) 439-1559
- Details: UK North Fork Valley Community Health Center is a joint venture between the UK College of Medicine and the North Fork Valley Community Health Center board. It is the first community health center in Kentucky to be affiliated with a university and family medicine residency training program. It is located in Hazard, Ky., at the UK Center for Excellence in Rural Health-Hazard.
Uk North Fork Valley Community Health Center - Ronald Mcdonald Care Mobile
- Location: Hazard, KY - 41701
- Contact Phone: (606) 216-4071
- Details: The UK North Fork Valley Community Health Center operates a Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, a two-chair dental office on wheels. Studies show that more than half of Eastern Kentucky children ages 2-11 suffer from tooth decay. To help combat that problem, the care mobile brings education and preventive dental services directly to children with unmet needs in Perry and surrounding counties.