Free clinics and community health centers in Franklin county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Franklin county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Franklin Medical and Dental Clinics:
Community Dental - Farmington Dental Center
- Location: Farmington, ME - 04938
- Contact Phone: (207) 779-2659
- Details: Located on Rt. 4 on the Mount Blue Health Center on the Campus of Franklin Memorial Hospital, the Farmington Dental Health Center, established in 1997, was expanded to six operatories, and upgraded to a new fully digital facility in the summer of 2012. Community Dental Farmington works closely with community partners like Franklin Memorial Hospital, Franklin Health Practices, Franklin County Children’s Task Force, RSU 9, Head Start, and area nursing homes, to provide patient-centered care and link people to needed health services on a timely basis. We also provide emergency dental services for the University of Maine's Upward Bound Program and provide volunteer work experience for their students.
Mt. Abram Regional Health Center
- Location: Kingfield, ME - 04947
- Contact Phone: (207) 265-4555
- Details: Since 1986 Mt. Abram Regional Health Center has been serving residents of all ages in Kingfield and surrounding communities. At our health center, the top priority is the wellbeing of our patients. Our staff works with patients to create a ‘medical home’ and the best care possible while utilizing state-of-the art knowledge and technology. Our team includes medical providers, behavioral health consultants, a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, as well as clinical and administrative support staff. We offer check-ups for the entire family, care of acute and chronic conditions and referrals to specialty care and community services. The health center also receives ongoing support and feedback from the Mt. Abram Regional Health Care Corporation, a community board of committed local residents. Serving Kingfield, Carrabasset Valley, Coplin, and Dallas Plantations, Eustis, New Portland, and Stratton, the health center is in close proximity to Sugarloaf Ski Resort, the Ski Museum of Maine, and the Stanley Museum. Kingfield is a close knit community with its Annual July Kingfield Festival Days. It also is known for moose watching, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, hiking, ATV riding, snowmobiling, and skiing.
Rangeley Family Medicine
- Location: Rangeley, ME - 04970
- Contact Phone: (207) 864-3303
- Details: Since 1994 Rangeley Family Medicine has been serving the Rangeley Lakes Region. At our health center we work together with patients of all ages to provide a ‘medical home’ and utilize the most up-to-date technology and resources. Our staff includes a team of medical providers and behavioral health consultants, as well as clinical and administrative support staff. With our team we are able to offer a variety of services including routine physicals, chronic and acute medical visits, laboratory services, and minor surgery. Serving local residents from Rangeley, Dallas and Lincoln Plantations, Madrid, Magalloway, Sandy River, and other surrounding towns, Rangeley Family Medicine offers access to the hundreds of lakes, ponds, streams, and acres of wild forest in the region. The town is at the center of the Rangeley Lakes Region with many hotels, campsites and boat launching facilities. The region is renowned for hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, and snowmobiling. Snowmobiling in Rangeley has become such a large part of the community that in January there is a 3-day celebration, Snodeo, of all things snowmobile related.
Strong Area Health And Dental Center
- Location: Strong, ME - 04983
- Contact Phone: (207) 684-4010
- Details: Since 1986 Strong Area Health Center has been serving residents of all ages from Strong and the surrounding communities. We offer both medical and dental services to area residents. Utilizing the latest technology, our professionals work together with our patients of all ages and provide a "medical home." Our team includes medical providers, behavioral health specialists, a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, dental providers and hygienists, as well as clinical and administrative support staff offering a variety of services based on patient needs. This includes access to our dental center on site. Nestled between the Western Maine communities of Farmington and Rangeley, the town of Strong sits just north of a bend in the Sandy River. Formerly known as the toothpick capital of the world, once manufacturing over 20 million toothpicks per day, Strong is now ideal for a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, swimming, fishing at Porter Lake for landlocked salmon, trout, and chain pickerel, and snowmobiling with just a short drive to several ski locations. In addition, travelers come to Western Maine to enjoy visiting Smalls Falls, a spectacular set of waterfalls located just minutes from Strong. The snow-capped mountains, vivid fall foliage, and moose-spotting opportunities attract the young and old alike.