Free clinics and community health centers in Mcallen
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Mcallen. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offering free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information
Mcallen Medical and Dental Clinics:
Access Esperanza Clinics - Mcallen Clinic - Rev. Mary English Center
- Location: Mcallen, TX - 78501
- Contact Phone: (956) 688-3700
- Details: Our Mission is to provide education, advocacy, and affordable, high-quality health care so women and men in our community can access the sexual and reproductive health services they need. Members of the First United Methodist Church founded our agency in 1964. Their purpose was to provide health care for people with limited incomes and to help women plan and space pregnancies. Access Esperanza Clinics provides family planning and preventive health care services to about 15,000 patients at our five clinics throughout Hidalgo County. An additional 10,000 people are reached through educating the community about healthy relationships, family life planning, and clinics services. The majority of our patients are low-income, and most report Access Esperanza Clinics as their only health care provider. Our services provide opportunities and hope for brighter, healthier futures. Women who are able to prevent unplanned pregnancies have safer birth, are healthier, have healthier children, stay in school long, and earn more. When pregnancies are planned, the risk of family violence is less, and dads are more likely to be involved in the children’s lives. Prevention works! Every $1 invested in public family planning programs saves taxpayers over $7 in Medicaid prenatal and birth costs. Access Esperanza Clinics Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Funding for patients services comes from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and the federal Title X family planning program. Private foundations and donations also fund patient services and educational programs.
Hope Family Health Center
- Location: Mcallen, TX - 78503
- Contact Phone: (956) 994-3319
- Details: Hope Family Health Center provides quality integrated medical and counseling services including preventative care and education to medically indigent individuals and families living in the Rio Grande Valley. Our services aim to strengthen families and build community.