Free clinics and community health centers in Braxton county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Braxton county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Braxton Medical and Dental Clinics:
Bcmh - Braxton Community Health Center
- Location: Gassaway, WV - 26624
- Contact Phone: (304) 364-1093
- Details: The Braxton Community Health Center is a rural health clinic providing primary care services to Braxton County and surrounding areas.
Community Care Of Flatwoods
- Location: Sutton, WV - 26601
- Contact Phone: (304) 765-4400
- Details: Community Care of Flatwoods offers an array of medical services including comprehensive primary care and chronic disease management. For acute, non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, CareXpress is located two doors down and is open seven days a week. CCWV has also partnered with Carl Walker's Drug Store, in Gassaway, to provide our patients with access to medications through the 340B discount drug program. Community Care of Flatwoods has received a Level 3 accreditation - the highest possible - from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for providing exceptional service and high quality care. The CCWV chronic disease management model provides for a complete range of on-site services for comprehensive patient care. The mix of CCWV’s medical providers and nurses provide assessment and education so patients (and their families) better understand their illnesses and what they can do to help themselves, including any referrals for additional care that may be necessary. CCWV’s Care Managers and the patient’s medical provider work closely together to give the patient the best care management possible. As part of this expanded care management assessment, the health history of all patients is reviewed to assure that each has been screened for chronic conditions including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, weight management, physical activity, and asthma. Other risk factors, such as pregnancy, co-morbid conditions, or family history of disease, are also assessed. CCWV offers family planning services and participates in BCCSP. For children, immunization are available through the VFC program and private insurances. Our state-of-the-art Electronic Health Record (EHR) and a team of healthcare professionals are focused on chronic disease management and quality care outcomes throughout their system of Community Health Centers. Our EHR enables the medical providers to quickly access and manage clinical information such as medical history, progress notes, laboratory results, diagnostic imaging, medication orders, and clinical consultations. Most importantly, the EHR provides key reminders and tracking measures that allow the providers to monitor the patients’ health in order to detect small problems as they arise and provide preventive services on the front end.