ACORN Clinic - Brooker Low Cost Clinic
- 23320 N. State Road 235
- Brooker FL, 32622
- Contact Name: Candice King
- Contact Phone: (352) 485-1133
- Clinic Details: The Alachua County Organization for Rural Needs, Inc. ACORN Clinic is a nationally-recognized program that provides low-cost medical, dental and social services care to residents of North Central Florida. ACORN Clinic was founded in 1974 when two area churches funded volunteers to meet the healthcare needs of their community. The group initially focused on home visits and social service referrals. In 1976, ACORN Clinic established a medical clinic to meet the area’s growing healthcare needs and later expanded its services by starting a dental clinic in 1987. ACORN Clinic uses volunteers to provide high-quality, low-cost healthcare to low-income patients without insurance and with little financial resources to pay for their medical needs. With its unique volunteer model, the clinic leverages $1.13 million in volunteer time and donated medicine and supplies valued at over $883,000 (2015 figures). ACORN Clinic is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization serving residents of Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Union and other counties in North Central Florida. ACORN Clinic receives funding from United Way of North Central Florida, Alachua, Bradford and Union County, civic groups, churches, foundations and private donors. Patients are seen on a sliding scale basis and we accept Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance.
- Website: http://acornclinic.org/
- Services: Medical Services - Pediatric Care, Gynecology, Chronic Illness Management, Social Services, Health Education, Women’s Breast Health Education Outreach, Specialty Care; Dental Services
- Dental Services: Dental exams and x-rays; Pediatric dentistry; Preventative care (Cleanings and sealants); Restorative care (fillings and crowns); Complete and partial dentures; Limited Endodontics
- Remarks: Rural Area, Permanent Clinic, Year-Round, Part-Time (open 36 hours per week)
- Payment Method: Sliding Fee Scale, Medicaid, Medicare, Private Insurance
- Operation Hours: Medical Clinic Hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs: 8:00am-4:00pm, Tues: 8:00am-8:00pm; Dental Clinic Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8:00am-4:00pm, Most Friday Mornings: 8:00am-12:00pm. By appointment only
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.