Berks Community Health Center (BCHC) - Reading Community Health Center
- 838 Penn Street
- Reading PA, 19602
- Contact Phone: (610) 988-4838
BCHC is a 501(c)3 non-profit, freestanding, Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC), providing patient-centered, affordable, high-quality primary health care.
We focus on the entire family. BCHC physicians and nurse practitioners take care of patients at every stage of life, from newborns to senior citizens. Reading is a culturally diverse city, and with medical interpreters on staff, BCHC is able to provide care that is culturally and linguistically appropriate. Our buildings at 838 Penn Street and 1040 Liggett Avenue are handicapped accessible. We are conveniently located within walking distance for many patients and down the block from bus stops and the central public transportation hub in Berks County.
- Website: http://www.berkschc.net/
- Services: Preventive care and wellness; Physicals; Regular care for chronic illness; Sick visits for acute illness; Pediatric care, including newborns, and regular well-child visits; Childhood and adult immunizations; Adult medicine, including the special needs of senior adults; Women’s health – regular gynecologic and pre-natal care; Men’s health; Minor procedures; Annual flu vaccines for BCHC patients; Referral for specialty care to local hospitals and specialists; Care coordination and follow-up
- Remarks: Our Patient Service Representatives and Finance staff work with every patient to make sure you have applied for any medical assistance programs that you may be eligible for – including CHIP for children – and will also give you information and forms to complete to qualify for the BCHC Sliding Fee discount program.
- Payment Method: BCHC has a Sliding Fee discount program, based on household income, for those (with or without insurance) who have income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Operation Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.