Free clinics and community health centers in Opa Locka
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Opa Locka. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offering free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information
Opa Locka Medical and Dental Clinics:
Jtchc - Opa Locka Youth And Children's Wellness Center
- Location: Opa Locka, FL - 33054
- Contact Phone: (305) 681-3916
- Details: Jessie Trice Community Health Center, Inc (JTCHC) is one of Miami-Dade County’s preeminent federally qualified community healthcare centers, governed by a remarkably dedicated Board of Directors (51% of the members are users of the medical services) and a diverse, incredibly talented, committed family of providers and staff. The Jessie Trice Community Health Center, Inc. is a Florida 501 (c) 3, not-for-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center, which has been serving Miami-Dade County since 1967. The target population is the uninsured and underinsured, 95% of which live at or below the Federal Poverty Level of 200%.
Lake Stevens Middle School School-based Clinic
- Location: Opa Locka, FL - 33055
- Contact Phone: (305) 620-1294
- Details: Jessie Trice Community Health Center, Inc., (JTCHC) provide services and/or access to healthcare to students in forty Miami Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS). The physical, mental and behavioral health needs of the students are met by a team of professionals working as a part of the Health Connect in Our Schools (HCiOS) initiative. The HCiOS initiative launched in 2006 is a collaborative effort between The Children’s Trust (TCT), Miami Dade County Health Department (MDCHD) and MDCPS. The Health teams are comprised of a Registered Nurse and a Social Worker for three or four schools and a Licensed Practical Nurse in each school. The teams provide services to meet the students’ immediate school health needs (mental and behavioral health, emergency first aid/CPR, chronic disease management, nutrition counseling, health counseling, health screenings and immunizations), refer if services needed are not provided (dental, pre-natal care) and help connect them to a primary care provider if one is needed. Some services and health teaching/counseling are provided to the faculty, staff and parents/guardians. JTCHC-HCiOS has a Clinical Coordinator and an Administrative Assistant who monitors the program and provides clerical, technical and administrative support.