Free clinics and community health centers in Cass county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Cass county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Cass Medical and Dental Clinics:
- Location: Harrisonville, MO - 64701
- Contact Phone: (816) 925-4596
- Details: In the spring of 1992, a group of women concerned with the increase in teen pregnancies in our area met to discuss the possibility of opening a crisis pregnancy center. Through collaboration with the LIGHT House maternity home in Kansas City, The LIGHT House Pregnancy Center opened October 18, 1992 with one paid staff member and 26 volunteers. After the first year, the need for a local board of directors was recognized. And in January of 1994, the center separated from the LIGHT House and became known as The Pregnancy Center. In April 1998, the name Life Choice Center for Women was chosen by the Board of Directors in an attempt to communicate more clearly the ministry of helping all women to make wise life choices. The center became a Medical Clinic offering ultrasound services with medical personnel on staff in the fall of 1999. In the spring of 2003, prenatal and delivery services were added through an agreement with Goppert-Trinity Family Care. 2017 marks a year of year of exciting change for the center. After 25 years in the same location, the board of the Life Choice Center for Women has made some new goals to champion life in Cass county with expanded services, in a new leased location.
Swope Health Belton
- Location: Belton, MO - 64012
- Contact Phone: (816) 599-5170
- Details: Swope Health provides primary health care and behavioral health services throughout Greater Kansas City. We are a patient-centered medical home, nationally recognized by NCQA for our commitment to an integrated model of health care. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and The Joint Commission. We opened in 1969 as Model Cities Health Corporation, part of President Lyndon Johnson’s Model Cities program. Our first clinic was in the basement of Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church. That first year, with 20 employees and a $100,000 budget, we served more than 2,000 patients. Today, Swope Health has grown to provide care for more than 40,000 patients in western Missouri and eastern Kansas. We are a Federally Qualified Health Center and Federal Tort Claims Act-deemed facility, recognized by the NCQA.