Free clinics and community health centers in Jackson county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Jackson county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Jackson Medical and Dental Clinics:
Blue Ridge Free Dental Clinic
- Location: Cashiers, NC - 28717
- Contact Phone: (828) 743-3393
- Details: The Blue Ridge Mountains Health Project, better known as the Blue Ridge Free Dental Clinic, delivers comprehensive dental care to people who cannot otherwise afford these critically needed services. We restore lives - one tooth at a time. The Blue Ridge Mountains Health Project was formed in 2005 to create a permanent Free Dental Clinic. In 2013, the original space was renovated and used equipment was replaced with new, state-of-the-art equipment within six operatories. We serve low-income patients (at or below 200% of the poverty level) in Jackson, Macon, Swain and Transylvania counties with one Staff Dentist, 12 Volunteer Dentists, two Registered Dental Hygienists and two Dental Assistants. In 2016, donor and foundation support enabled the Clinic to upgrade its radiology and charting systems to digital technology. Since 2005, the Clinic has performed 57,500 dental procedures with a value exceeding $8,800,000. Limited financial resources are a barrier to dental care. Medicare does not provide any dental services and while Medicaid provides limited dental assistance, large portions of the needy population, particularly the working poor and elderly, do not qualify for that program. Based on 2010 US Census data and NC Medicaid enrollment, we estimate that over 17,000 people in our serviceable counties meet the financial qualifications of the Clinic. It is our hope that donations from the community will help stabilize our current efforts so that we may continue to: serve over 700 patients a year; offer continuity of care through patient treatment plans and restorative procedures; prevent dental disease through hygiene procedures; and, provide information on community resources to patients for their greater well-being.
Jackson County Health Department
- Location: Sylva, NC - 28779
- Contact Phone: 828-586-8994
The Jackson County Department of Public Health offers services in Personal Health, Communicable Diseases, Specialty Clinics, Family Outreach Services, Laboratory Services, Environmental Health and Ancillary Service.
- Remarks: Year round ?>
- Location: Cullowhee, NC - 28723
- Contact Phone: (828) 293-2274
- Details: Vecinos is a 501(c)3 nonprofit health care organization serving and advocating for farmworkers in western North Carolina. We improve the lives of farmworkers and their families by offering mobile medical services and health education, along with advocating for farmworker rights. Agricultural work is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country and workers face many barriers when it comes to accessing care. Vecinos aims to break down health care barriers by bringing services directly to the workers.