Free clinics and community health centers in Portage county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Portage county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Portage Medical and Dental Clinics:
Axesspointe Community Health Centers - Kent
- Location: Kent, OH - 44240
- Contact Phone: (330) 673-1016
- Details: AxessPointe Community Health Centers, originally named Akron Community Health Resources, Inc., opened its doors in 1995 after receiving funds from the Bureau of Primary Health Care to establish the first federally qualified health center in Summit County. AxessPointe has five current sites in Northeast Ohio, including three in Akron, one in Kent and one in Barberton. As an FQHC, we deliver primary medical and dental care in medically underserved areas. AxessPointe also provides behavioral health, women’s health and pharmacy services. While our focus is on uninsured, underinsured and Medicaid/Medicare patients who may not have access to affordable health care, our services are welcome to all. Our health care teams provide diagnosis, treatment and preventive medical and dental services. We accept Medicaid, Medicare, most private insurances and provide a sliding-fee scale based on family size and income. AxessPointe Community Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), represented by the OACHC. FQHCs receive operating grants under Section 330 of the United States Public Health Service Act. In order to comply with federal law, FQHCs must be established as a not-for-profit corporation and the majority of the board of directors must be consumers of the services provided by the facility. The OACHC, Ohio Association of Community Health Centers, is a non-profit organization that represents Ohio’s FQHCs. The mission of the OACHC is to ensure high-quality affordable health care for all Ohioans through the growth and development of Ohio’s Community Health Centers. As a National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) certified patient-centered medical home (PCMH), we are committed to high-quality care and service. We are also a member of the National Health Service Corps – which ensures we have caring, qualified and passionate health care providers through loan repayment packages.
Planned Parenthood - Kent Health Center
- Location: Kent, OH - 44240
- Contact Phone: (330) 678-8011
- Details: Planned Parenthood is one of the nation’s leading providers of high-quality, affordable health care, and the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With or without insurance, you can always come to us for your health care.
Soar Student-run Free Clinic
- Location: Rootstown, OH - 44272
- Contact Phone: (330) 552-7080
- Details: SOAR Student-Run Free Clinic is run by medical and pharmacy students of Northeast Ohio Medical University who are dedicated to providing high quality, non-emergent, no-cost health care to the medically underserved residents of Northeast Ohio.