Free clinics and community health centers in Lackawanna county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Lackawanna county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Lackawanna Medical and Dental Clinics:
Carbondale Family Health Center
- Location: Carbondale, PA - 18407
- Contact Phone: (570) 282-2031
- Details: Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers (WMCHC) is a progressive multi-specialty group made up of primary care, women’s health, behavioral health and dental sites, plus specialty practices in northeastern Pennsylvania. We have over 65 practitioners and 300 employees. WMCHC is clinically affiliated with Wayne Memorial Health System, Inc.
Nepa Community Health Care - Andrew C. Mazza Memorial Health Center
- Location: Greenfield Township, PA - 18407
- Contact Phone: (570) 282-5189
- Details: Located between Clifford and Carbondale, our Greenfield Township health center conveniently shares the Paradise Valley Plaza with a general store and gas station, as well as car and dog wash facilities. Walk-ins are always welcome, so don’t hesitate to stop in the next time you’re passing through!
Scranton Primary Health Care Center, Inc.
- Location: Scranton, PA - 18509
- Contact Phone: (570) 344-9684
- Details: Scranton Primary Health Care Center is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center, located in Northeastern Pennsylvania, in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Our Center opened its doors on December 12, 1978 because of our founders' Frances Hazucha and Martha McAndrew, attempts to find medical attention for four poor people with serious health conditions. The initial efforts of these members of a local religious community have resulted in over 916,000,000 patient visits to Center providers since we opened.
The Wright Center For Community Health Clarks Summit Practice
- Location: South Abington Township, PA - 18411
- Contact Phone: (570) 585-1300
- Details: Since 2010, we have served adult patients at The Wright Center for Community Health Clarks Summit Practice. In October 2017, we began offering pediatric services and consider it a privilege to get to know you and your family. New patients are encouraged to visit our renovated office nestled within the Abington Shopping Center and meet our expanded pediatric team, led by medical director Dr. William Dempsey and supported by Susan Baroody, DO, who has been with the organization for more than 10 years. Our doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and medical support personnel collaborate with our patients to develop effective healthcare plans. In March 2019, our Clarks Summit clinic underwent an expansion doubling its size. The updated office includes 17 exam rooms, four dedicated behavioral health rooms and a remodeled resident learning area to enhance their training experience and increase care capacity. The clinic's growth is a testament to the dedicated team behind it and the organizational mission to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare for all ages. The Wright Center for Community Health Clarks Summit was named a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2017 Million Hearts Hypertension Control Champion. The designation is a result of our commitment to heart health and proven success in helping patients maintain healthy blood pressure levels. Twenty-four organizations across the country were recognized; The Wright Center is the only organization in Pennsylvania to be selected. We are a learning organization and patients will see a resident physician when they visit The Wright Center for Community Health Clarks Summit. A resident physician holds a medical degree and works under the supervision of an attending physician. The patient’s interaction with the residents will help develop them to become the best doctors possible.
The Wright Center For Community Health Mid Valley Practice
- Location: Jermyn, PA - 18433
- Contact Phone: (570) 230-0019
- Details: Selected as an Exemplar Primary Care Practice by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Group Health Research Institute, The Wright Center for Community Health Mid Valley operates as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and offers healthcare services for children and adults across Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and medical support personnel collaborate with our patients to develop effective healthcare plans. Our primary care providers take into account all aspects of health, including possible mental/behavioral health needs, and can address these needs through our Center of Excellence service line which utilizes a full-service behavioral health suite, where our qualified and dedicated staff provide recovery services.
The Wright Center For Community Health Scranton Counseling Center Practice
- Location: Scranton, PA - 18503
- Contact Phone: (570) 591-5250
- Details: The Wright Center for Community Health at Scranton Counseling Center continues to serve individuals in Lackawanna County with Serious Mental Illness. This practice is located on the lower level of Scranton Counseling Center and also serves as a learning environment for our residents. In 2016, our providers saw 261 individuals through 740 visits. According to a study by Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, $850,000+ in health system savings were realized in 2016 as a direct result of this initiative. The innovative training opportunities presented through our Psychiatry Residency, the expansion of our behavioral health and social work services, and continued collaboration with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine's Behavioral Health Initiative will all be catalytic to transformational redesign of regional health services and workforce development outcomes in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
The Wright Center For Community Health Scranton Practice
- Location: Scranton, PA - 18505
- Contact Phone: (570) 941-0630
- Details: The Wright Center for Community Health Scranton Practice offers primary care, behavioral health, infectious disease and dental services in an integrated setting for children and adults across Northeastern Pennsylvania.