Free clinics and community health centers in Bent county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Bent county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Bent Medical and Dental Clinics:
Fort Lyon Health Center
- Location: Las Animas, CO - 81054
- Contact Phone: (719) 662-1142
- Details: We offer integrated health care in one suite, from one team who work together to provide targeted care for our patients.
Las Animas Clinic/las Animas Dental Clinic
- Location: Las Animas, CO - 81054
- Contact Phone: (719) 456-2653
- Details: Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. assumed operations of the Las Animas Clinic, April of 1997. At that time, the clinic was located adjacent to the Bent County Health Care Center, and through collaborative efforts with and support from local officials, Valley-Wide was able to purchase the current facility located at 245 Vine Avenue, Las Animas. Valley-Wide expanded the facility from 1,786 square feet to a 4,496 square foot clinic. Las Animas Clinic (LAC) has continually provided medical services, dental services and other collaborated services for the community. LAC offers full-scope primary care and dental care services for all age groups. The medical clinic is fully-equipped with five exam rooms, a procedure room, and a medical laboratory. LAC provides availability of same day access (appointments) for acute medical concerns – for established and new patients. We also provide nurse appointments for non-emergency medical concerns, such as blood pressure and weight checks. LAC has expanded hours – Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. After hours, patients of Valley-Wide can access our triage service (RNs on Call). Patient’s calls are answered by a Registered Nurse who will provide assistance and direction based on the patient’s medical concerns and symptoms. We also offers FREE HIV screening services and a full spectrum of STD testing and treatment in a safe and confidential setting. The Las Animas Dental Clinic is conveniently located within LAC and has hours Monday through Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with walk-in dental services on Wednesdays at 7:30 a.m. In addition to medical and dental services, Valley-Wide has partnered with Southeast Health Group to provide behavioral health care services that are also available at LAC. Behavioral health staff is on-site working collectively with our medical and dental providers as needed. Our Care Team consists of Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and nursing personnel dedicated to providing the highest quality of patient care. The clinicians provide education to all patients, particularly patients with chronic care conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and COPD – which are the top three chronic conditions in the nation. Services for specialty care, therapies, transportation, and the like are easily coordinated through Valley-Wide’s Case Management and Care Coordination personnel. Case Management personnel can assist with obtaining durable medical equipment and navigation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), application to the Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP), the Well Woman Connection and Colorectal Screening programs. In addition to the Clinical personnel, the Care Team consists of Support Staff who are committed to providing exceptional customer service to every patient. Valley-Wide Outreach/Farmworker Program provides outreach screening to farm workers at their place of employment and follow up care at LAC, Rocky Ford Clinic and La Junta Clinic. In addition, the outreach program provides services to migrant head-start – physicals and dental care. The Outreach personnel attends various events in Bent, Crowley, and Otero counties, as well as they assist with the Outreach teams in San Luis Valley to provide services in San Luis Valley and Canon City. LAC provides services for patients from the catchment area of Crowley, Otero, and Bent Counties. Our clinic is focused on providing the highest quality of care and exceptional customer service, both of which are paramount to our Mission and the overall continuity of care for our patients. Our dedicated team is focused on each individual patient’s needs. We strive on being culturally sensitive and our staff is bi-lingual to assist you with any of your translation needs. We value each patient’s safety, confidentiality and healthcare needs.