Salt Lake Donated Dental Services - Salt Lake City Other Primary Care Provider
- 1383 South 900 West
- Salt Lake City UT, 84104
- Contact Phone: 801-983-0345
- Clinic Details: In 1990 Salt Lake City dentist, Dr. Ralph Montgomery, recognized that access to oral health care for the disadvantaged within our own community was nearly nonexistent. Many of the poorest and most destitute were forced to go without needed dental treatment. Often, as a last resort, restorable teeth were extracted because there were simply no other options available. As a result, Dr. Montgomery founded Salt Lake Donated Dental Services (SLDDS). He believed then, as he does now, that a healthy smile should not be limited to those with financial means. With community commitment, he believed those with no other access to dental services could receive sorely needed, quality dental care. SLDDS’ primary goal is to make quality preventative and restorative dental treatment accessible to our community’s underserved. The clinic’s programs include: emergency care, preventative and periodontal maintenance, restorative care (fillings, crowns, bridges), and an extensive denture and partial program. Our volunteer dental professionals work five days a week, seeing an average of 20 patients a day. Patients are given the same options they might have if seeing a dentist in a private practice but because of ongoing community support, SLDDS is able to provide most of our services at no cost to the patient. SLDDS works with a corps of volunteer dentists to provide free services for the homeless and indigent. Because of the tremendous demand for free dental care, individuals seeking care enter their name into a drawing a day ahead of time and all patients who are treated are “drawn” daily. For those who don’t qualify for SLDDS’ free program, SLDDS has a program where services are offered at a significantly reduced rate (the fees average about 50% less than what one might pay in a private dental office). Individuals interested in the discounted dental program may schedule appointments and payment in full is required at the time of service.
- Website: http://www.donateddental.org/
- Services: Dental Services
- Remarks: Free Services: 801-983-0345; Discounted Services: 801-972-2747; Hours: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday: 9AM-12:30PM/1:30PM-4PM, Thursday/Friday: 9AM-12:30PM; Appointments are available after hours with the Discounted Dental Program by appointment only.
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.