Free clinics and community health centers in Mount Pleasant
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Mount Pleasant. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offering free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information
Mount Pleasant Medical and Dental Clinics:
Cares Primary Care Clinic
- Location: Mount Pleasant, SC - 29466
- Contact Phone: (843) 876-7097
- Details: The CARES Clinic is a non-profit organization providing free medical care to uninsured patients aged 18 and older in the local Charleston area since 2005 (those insured under Medicare or Medicaid do not qualify). It is operated and managed by professional students of MUSC for the opportunity to learn about medicine and the inter-workings of a free clinic. At CARES, medical, pharmacy, and PA students follow licensed physicians who are volunteering their time to care for our patients. The CARES Clinic was awarded the 2015-2016 "MUSC Gives Back - University Wide Organization Community Volunteer Award for Student Organizations" for the second year in a row. In addition, the CARES Clinic Spanish Night was awarded the 2015-2016 "MUSC Gives Back - College of Medicine Community Volunteer Award for Student Organizations."
Shifa Free Clinic
- Location: Mount Pleasant, SC - 29464
- Contact Phone: (843) 352-4580
- Details: The Shifa Clinic is a non-profit and tax exempt clinic established by The Islamic Circle of North America Relief USA (ICNA Relief USA). We are a member of the South Carolina Free Clinic Association. Our Clinic has been providing compassionate quality advanced Gynecological and Primary health care to the residents of our communities who do not have health insurance and cannot pay for such services. The clinic was established on January 7th 2012 with the financial support of Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) Relief USA to eliminate health barriers by offering health services without cost. The Shifa Clinic is located in Mount Pleasant, SC. Many of the services we provide cannot be obtained anywhere else in the state at no cost to the patients. Patients must meet the following criteria for free services: be between the ages of 19-64, have no health insurance, and have an income level that falls within 250% of the federal poverty level based on the number of people in the household. Along with medical services, we have three hunger prevention programs including Child hunger prevention, Food pantry, and Homeless hot meal service. Each year in August we also hold back to school giveaways, including backpacks and school supplies to local schools and children in need. We feel that these projects are vital for the current needs of our community and will continue to be useful throughout their lives. Our organization is dedicated to the process of making that happen. The Shifa Clinic is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of interested community members and physicians. The Board meets every 3 months. Staff meeting is on a monthly basis.