Free clinics and community health centers in Otero county.
Below are the listings of free and low cost clinics in Otero county. These clinics can help low-income and uninsured people by offerring free and discounted rates for medical and/or dental care. We welcome user reviews and corrections of clinic listings, as we strive to provide our users with the best and most up-to-date information possible. Simply click on the clinic listing for more information.
Otero Medical and Dental Clinics:
La Junta Clinic
- Location: La Junta, CO - 81050
- Contact Phone: (719) 383-5900
- Details: Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. (Valley-Wide) was asked in 1996 by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to oversee operations of three clinics located in the Arkansas Valley Region. One of those clinics was the La Junta Clinic (LJC) which serves Otero County and neighboring Crowley County. The initial clinic was located in a very old nursing student dormitory that was retrofitted to provide healthcare services, and then the clinic moved to the second floor of the new Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center annex building in 2002. In anticipation of for the need of a larger building to meet the health needs of the community, Valley-Wide purchased a lot located at the corner of Belmont and 10th Street. Later, through a large scale capital campaign drive, Valley-Wide secured enough grant funding to build a larger facility. The new 15,000 square clinic was completed and the staff relocated in early December 2012 with the first patient seen on December 31, 2012. The LJC facility has over 20 exam rooms with specialized procedure rooms including OB specific rooms with ultra sound machines and is ADA (American Disabilities Act) compliant. LJC has state of the art medical and computer equipment to safely meet patients’ needs including an Electronic Health Record system (EHR). Through the EHR medical and dental records for any Valley-Wide patient can be accessed by appropriate staff from any Valley-Wide location, including the Rocky Ford and Las Animas Clinics, as well as clinics in the San Luis Valley. In 2014 funding was received that allowed LJC to incorporate a convenient care model that offers extended hours and more same-day access for acute care issues such as colds, fever, earaches, pink eye, sore throat, allergies, etc. LJC is also utilized by students at Otero Junior College and also offers FREE HIV screening services and a full spectrum of STD testing and treatment in a safe and confidential setting. LJC accommodates patients not only locally, but also from eastern Colorado areas such as McClave, Springfield, and Lamar. We continue to see patients from Otero, Crowley and Bent Counties as well as patients traveling to the area to visit the Koshare Indian Museum, Dinosaur Tracks, the Comanche National Grasslands to enjoy the rock art and petroglyphs or pictographs, and Bent’s Fort or as well as those traveling through on the Southwest Chief, our Amtrak full service stop from Chicago to Los Angeles. One of LJC’s many areas of expertise is obstetrics and gynecology services (OB/GYN) and includes care to pregnant patients by OB/GYN fellowship trained providers, onsite fetal monitoring, non-stress test analysis, onsite ultrasonography capabilities and postpartum care. Another specialty area in our clinic is our on-site pediatrician who can provide care for all childhood illnesses and specialty training for identification of ADHD and/or special needs. We also have neonatal, in-clinic services to include non-invasive bilirubin testing for newborns and our Fit Family Challenge, a healthier living program for pediatric patients and their families. LJC providers understand the importance of educating patients in care of chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), etc.Through a team-based care approach, the care team educates patients and their families about the illness and offer options for treatment and help patients set goals to manage their condition(s). Our care team members include doctors and mid-levels who are from various areas and have chosen to work at LJC. The care team also includes support staff and nursing personnel who are, for the most part, local residents. Our staff is very knowledgeable about our community and the patients we serve. We maintain a very high standard for professionalism, confidence, service excellence, and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Rocky Ford Clinic/rocky Ford Dental Clinic
- Location: Rocky Ford, CO - 81067
- Contact Phone: (719) 254-7623
- Details: Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. assumed operations of the Rocky Ford Clinic, in April of 1997. At that time, the clinic was located on North 12th Street and shortly after the operational transition, Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. purchased the Gloria Watkins building, located at 903 South 12th Street. Rocky Ford Clinic (RFC) has continually served the community providing medical, dental services and other collaborated services. RFC offers full-scope primary care and dental care services for all age groups and provides both medical and dental services five days a week. Our medical clinic is equipped with four exam rooms, one procedure room, and a medical laboratory. Annual and periodic surveys have been useful to identifying the needs of our patients. RFC provides availability of same day access (appointments) for acute medical concerns – for established and new patients. We also provide nurse appointments for non-emergency medical concerns, such as blood pressure and weight checks. We have expanded hours – Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., (and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). After hours, patients of Valley-Wide can access our triage service (RNs on Call). Patient’s calls are answered by a Registered Nurse who will provide assistance and direction based on the patient’s medical concerns and symptoms.We also offers FREE HIV screening services and a full spectrum of STD testing and treatment in a safe and confidential setting. The Rocky Ford Dental Clinic is conveniently co-located inside the Rocky Ford Clinic. In addition to medical and dental services, Valley-Wide has partnered with Southeast Health Group to provide behavioral health care services that are also available at RFC. Behavioral health staff is on-site working collectively with Valley-Wide medical and dental providers as needed. Our Clinical Care Team consists of Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and nursing personnel dedicated to providing the highest quality of patient care. The clinicians provide education to all patients, particularly patients with chronic care conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and COPD – which are the top three chronic conditions in the nation. Services for specialty care, therapies, transportation, and the like are easily coordinated through Valley-Wide’s Case Management and Care Coordination personnel. Case Management personnel can assist with obtaining durable medical equipment and navigation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), application to the Colorado Indigent Care (CICP), the Well Woman Connection and Colorectal Screening programs. In addition to the Clinical personnel, the team consists of Support Staff who are committed to providing exceptional customer service to every patient. Valley-Wide Agricultural Worker/Outreach which provides outreach screening to farmworkers at their place of employment and follow up care at Las Animas Clinic, RFC and La Junta Clinic. In addition, the outreach program provides services to migrant headstart – physicals and dental care. The Outreach personnel attends various events in Bent, Crowley, and Otero counties, as well as they assist with the Outreach teams in San Luis Valley to provide services in San Luis Valley and Canon City. Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. possesses Joint Commission Accreditation and Certification for Patient Centered Medical Home. RFC provides services for patients from the catchment area of Crowley, Otero, and Bent Counties. RFC is focused on providing the highest quality of care and exceptional customer service, both which are paramount to our Mission and the overall healthcare of our patients. Our dedicated team is focused on each individual patient’s needs. We strive on being culturally sensitive and our staff is bi-lingual to assist you with any of your translation needs. We value each patient’s safety, confidentiality and healthcare needs.