La Junta Clinic - La Junta Community Health Center
- 1012 Belmont Ave.
- La Junta CO, 81050
- Contact Phone: (719) 383-5900
- Clinic Details: Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. (Valley-Wide) was asked in 1996 by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to oversee operations of three clinics located in the Arkansas Valley Region. One of those clinics was the La Junta Clinic (LJC) which serves Otero County and neighboring Crowley County. The initial clinic was located in a very old nursing student dormitory that was retrofitted to provide healthcare services, and then the clinic moved to the second floor of the new Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center annex building in 2002. In anticipation of for the need of a larger building to meet the health needs of the community, Valley-Wide purchased a lot located at the corner of Belmont and 10th Street. Later, through a large scale capital campaign drive, Valley-Wide secured enough grant funding to build a larger facility. The new 15,000 square clinic was completed and the staff relocated in early December 2012 with the first patient seen on December 31, 2012. The LJC facility has over 20 exam rooms with specialized procedure rooms including OB specific rooms with ultra sound machines and is ADA (American Disabilities Act) compliant. LJC has state of the art medical and computer equipment to safely meet patients’ needs including an Electronic Health Record system (EHR). Through the EHR medical and dental records for any Valley-Wide patient can be accessed by appropriate staff from any Valley-Wide location, including the Rocky Ford and Las Animas Clinics, as well as clinics in the San Luis Valley. In 2014 funding was received that allowed LJC to incorporate a convenient care model that offers extended hours and more same-day access for acute care issues such as colds, fever, earaches, pink eye, sore throat, allergies, etc. LJC is also utilized by students at Otero Junior College and also offers FREE HIV screening services and a full spectrum of STD testing and treatment in a safe and confidential setting. LJC accommodates patients not only locally, but also from eastern Colorado areas such as McClave, Springfield, and Lamar. We continue to see patients from Otero, Crowley and Bent Counties as well as patients traveling to the area to visit the Koshare Indian Museum, Dinosaur Tracks, the Comanche National Grasslands to enjoy the rock art and petroglyphs or pictographs, and Bent’s Fort or as well as those traveling through on the Southwest Chief, our Amtrak full service stop from Chicago to Los Angeles. One of LJC’s many areas of expertise is obstetrics and gynecology services (OB/GYN) and includes care to pregnant patients by OB/GYN fellowship trained providers, onsite fetal monitoring, non-stress test analysis, onsite ultrasonography capabilities and postpartum care. Another specialty area in our clinic is our on-site pediatrician who can provide care for all childhood illnesses and specialty training for identification of ADHD and/or special needs. We also have neonatal, in-clinic services to include non-invasive bilirubin testing for newborns and our Fit Family Challenge, a healthier living program for pediatric patients and their families. LJC providers understand the importance of educating patients in care of chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), etc.Through a team-based care approach, the care team educates patients and their families about the illness and offer options for treatment and help patients set goals to manage their condition(s). Our care team members include doctors and mid-levels who are from various areas and have chosen to work at LJC. The care team also includes support staff and nursing personnel who are, for the most part, local residents. Our staff is very knowledgeable about our community and the patients we serve. We maintain a very high standard for professionalism, confidence, service excellence, and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Website: https://vwhs.org/
- Services: OB/GYN; Pediatrics; FREE HIV Screening Services; STD Testing and Treatment; Care of Chronic Conditions; Behavioral Health; Family Planning Service
- Remarks: Rural Area, Permanent Clinic, Year-Round, Full-Time (open 75 hours per week)
- Payment Method: Sliding Fee Scale; Medicaid (Including Colorado Access); Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+); PPS & Medicare
- Operation Hours: Mon-Fri: 7:30am-7:00pm; Sat-Sun: 8:00am-5:00pm; Dental Services: Mon-Fri: 8:00am-12:00pm; 1:00pm-5:00pm
Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for Toksook Bay Sub-Regional Clinic
There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.